Agent in Training
Who are we looking for?
The Agent in Training is an individual who is highly motivated to become a Buyer Agent and quickly lose the “in Training” label. He/she is highly sociable, draws energy from working with people, and is optimistic. He/she has a strong sense of urgency, but not at the expense of quality. In addition, he/she demonstrates on a daily basis the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and habits of a motivated sales agent who is committed to putting clients first, doing the right thing, and seeking win-win agreements. This dynamic person is also a high achiever who wants to excel with sales results, exceed his/her annual sales targets, and encourage others to do the same.
What will you do?
In alignment with our business philosophy of working by referral, the Agent in Training will invest significant time and energy to develop his/her sphere of influence to find powerful advocates who regularly refer new business. In addition, he/she will provide such high-quality service to new clients as to earn ongoing referrals from those clients. He/she will demonstrate a commitment to learning and personal development (training classes, mastering scripts/ dialogues, learning from mentors/coaches, reading books, etc.).
These are the standards that a well-above-average performer will maintain or exceed:
- Shadow other buyer agents (or Lead Agent) to quickly learn the fundamentals of real estate sales.
- Master the fundamentals to begin working with clients on your own providing fiduciary service of the real estate transaction from initial contact through contract to close.
- Prospect for leads, convert leads to appointments, close for agreements, conduct fiduciary needs analyses, partner with other agents on team as needed for buyers who must first sell a home.
- Track daily lead generation, weekly sales results, and transaction pipeline.
- Show properties to clients for buyer agents or lead agents on the team.
- Establish searches according to client’s needs, select/show homes that match those needs, refine as needed, and close to write contract offers.
- Effectively negotiate for buyer clients.
- Develop expert knowledge of mortgage financing, neighborhoods, schools, and all homeownership issues.
- Guide buyers through the due diligence process by demonstrating expert knowledge of the following: various types of home inspections, lending/appraisal issues, repair negotiations, timelines/deadlines, etc.
- Establish and achieve individual goals (annual, monthly, weekly, daily) that support overall team goals.
- Collaborate with teammates to build unity and to provide seamless support to customers.
- Excellent at building rapport
- People oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Learning based
- Motivated to master scripts and dialogues
- High school graduate a must. Prefer a college graduate.
- NC Real Estate Broker license. May accept Provisional Brokers (PB) if they become a full broker in 6-9 mos.
- 1 year of sales experience preferred.
All compensation is commission based and will be defined in the agent’s Contractor Agreement with the team owner.
Interested? Send all inquiries and resumes to John@JohnStreitTeam.com