Raleigh, Triangle, and surrounding areas Home Buying FAQs
The John Streit Team Has Answers!
Are you an experienced home buyer, a move-up buyer, relocation buyer, downsizing buyer, a first-time home buyer, or a real estate investor? Hire an expert when buying in the Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Wake Forest, and surrounding Triangle cities/towns. Buying a home has become more challenging with the ever changing landscape of state-specific laws and contracts as well as our area's dynamic market forces - inventory levels, new construction, high population growth, and influx of people relocating here from other states.
While you can browse our featured listings or start searching homes on this site, we encourage you to reach out to us to become an informed buyer who is equipped with cutting edge market knowledge and a strategy for success.
1. Where Should I Start the Process?
- Call us first at 919-444-2289. We will discuss the best first steps to get you on the right path to home ownership.
- While our handy mortgage calculator can be helpful, no website or app can replace talking to an expert mortgage professional. We have established relationships with multiple lending contacts who can serve your unique situation.
- The next step is to schedule an appointment with us - it doesn't cost you anything.
2. Why Should I Meet With You at the Start of the Process?
- Scheduling a free consultation allows you an opportunity to meet us, learn how we serve you, understand current market conditions, and engage a professional who is active in the market everyday.
- We'll talk about exploring the many communities in and around Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Wake Forest, and surrounding Triangle areas to see which might be best for you.
- We'll listen to what your specific needs are for your next home - home features, size and style, condition, proximity to amenities, school districts, yard sizes, noise, commute, highway access, etc.
- If you're a first-time buyer, you can get more information here (we'll cover some of this when we meet).
- We are happy to answer all of your questions!
3. Why Should I Work With You?
- We are experts in our local market, serving all the major cities (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill) and all of the smaller towns like Wake Forest, Apex, Clayton, Morrisville, Knightdale, Fuquay Varina, Youngsville, Creedmoor, and Zebulon.
- Our goal is that you will have a great experience with us and be better because of that.
- Not only do we educate our buyers on the market, we have effective strategies to employ because of our knowledge of the market, various locations, and price points.
- We create a personalized search to help you find homes and neighborhoods that work for you. Having a good idea of what you're looking for will save you time and tours of homes that don't meet your criteria.
- You can also browse our featured listings or search for homes on your own.
- Our value extends way beyond find a home - we negotiate for you and serve you all the way to closing day.
- We guide you through the most challenging part of your home purchase - the inspections and repair negotiations - as well as maintaining lender communication and coordinating your closing arrangements.
- Whether or not it is us, be sure to hire a Realtor whenever you buy.
4. What Costs Will I Pay?
- Buyer Representation (or buyer agency) is free for you because sellers agree up front to pay the listing agent/firm to represent them and the buyer agent/firm to represent you. Ask us about For Sale By Owners as those are handled differently.
- There are costs associated with getting your home loan - your lender can explain those.
- Inspecting your largest purchase is extremely important and worth every penny (home inspection, termite inspection, radon test, land survey, and even well, septic or water testing).
- Other costs can include HOA, townhome/condo fees, and property taxes (taxes are usually included in your mortgage payment).
I Still Have Questions!
That's easy! Contact us today and we can answer any of your home buying questions regarding real estate in the Raleigh, Triangle, and surrounding communities. Want more information? Call us today at 919-444-2289.